tirsdag den 21. august 2012

EDC - Spicak


Since I am finished with school and I do not have any plans to got to Uni in the near future I decided it would be cool to go on a two months trip with Mads Weidemann to race some iXS cups here in Europe. So the first one on the calendar was a European Cup in Spicak, in the Czech Republic. I had never been there so it should be fun the see the place and get some riding in. After it got of the plane from Munich, Mads picked me up so we could get to Spicak a day ahead of the first practice, so we could get situated and prepared for the race. Thursday flew by fixing bikes and getting ready. 

On my way to Munich
After we had walked the course I could not wait to get up in the track and ride because it looked super fun! The first day I got five runs in and got up to speed pretty quick. It was pretty good to ride with Mads because of the fact that he is a bit faster than me, so I need to push myself in order to keep up with him. Nevertheless I felt pretty confident on the track and was having loads of fun. 
Saturday I only got two runs in because of the top 80 training, which I was not in apparently.. So I sticked to my two runs and rolled down the hill on one of the super fun tracks, where I ended up getting a mechanical getting a front flat and blowing up my back wheel, not ideal 3 hours before seeding, when you do not have a spare wheel or spokes. So I nursed it down and tried to find some spokes, which the bike shop luckily had! So I quickly got I fixed and got ready for seeding. The seeding run went pretty good actually, ending up i 59th, with was okay since I just needed to come down with a fast and solid run. And I knew I could got faster for Sunday so I was not the worried. 

View from the DH track
The sunday practice went well I look at some spots where I could got faster and let of the brakes which made me feel like I rode a lot faster then my seeding run. My race run did not go as planed, I got the top section as good as I could but after the first rockpit I got of line and went head first into the ground, I could not se because of my visor was knocked down and my bike was tangled into the netting and finally my brake lever was pointing backwards, so it took some time to get back on the bike. After my spectacular crash I decided to give it some gas again with resulted in another crash flying over the bars landing on my head again.. After that I thought that it might be a good idea to just roll down because my tumb had been dislocated and my knee did hurt pretty bad.. So on the racing side of thing it was a bad weekend, but I learned a lot during the weekend riding with Mads, so I am really confident that my speed will increase over the next flew months. 

- Sebastian

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar