onsdag den 8. august 2012

Danish DH Cup #3 - Fyn

So the third round of the Danish Downhill cup went down on Fyn, which is a pretty flat part of Denmark. Nevertheless they have a okay DH track there with a couple of rockgardens mixed up with some jumps and berms making for a good track..
I arrived Saturday at 1 pm after driving the 250 km from the north of Denmark. I got some good runs in with my teammate Kasper Nancke who lives on Fyn, so he knows the track pretty well. I fairly quickly got up to speed on the short track so I called it at day after 5 runs. After I got the car packed up again we headed into Odense, where Kasper lives. We got a good burger for dinner and went to bed to get some sleep in.
Sunday, raceday we arrived at the track a about 10 am to get some runs in before the racestart at 12 pm. I got some runs in on the even more wet track, because of all the rain that came down overnight. Nevertheless I opted for the Maxxis Minions for faster rolling and more grip on the rocks and roots.
My first run of the two went pretty good, I could have carried some more speed in bits, but overall it was a pretty good run coming down on 46,320 about 4 seconds faster than second. The second run was almost identical with the first, holdning a bit more speed in the sections I felt slow on, crossing the line in 46,084 which lead to the win with a combined time of 01.32,404 which was 6 seconds faster than second spot. This was also my 9th win in a row, which I am quite happy with :)

Results: http://dh-cup.dk/ under resultater and Fyn.

Here is a little clip from the podium :) Enjoy - http://vimeo.com/46967929

Right now I am sitting in Copenhagen waiting on my plane to Munich so I can get on with my races for the next two months :)

- Sebastian Jensen

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar